These Accommodation Listings are for members of the public to list available properties, and for SCU students and staff to view available properties.
Use of this webpage outside of these terms is not permitted.
SCU hosts these listings for the convenience of its students seeking accommodation only.
The accommodation listed on this site, and the links to other websites, are not endorsed by, or offered by, the University.
The University makes no representations or warranties as to the suitability of any accommodation or accommodation provider listed on the site nor will it accept any liability in relation to or arising out of the acceptance of any accommodation offer, any arrangement or contract in respect of off‑campus accommodation or the provision of off-campus accommodation to students by third parties.
Likewise, SCU makes no representation to the providers in relation to any enquiries, arrangements, or otherwise purportedly made by an SCU student.
Proprietors should make their own enquiries as to the authenticity of an applicant’s claim to be an SCU student, and should ensure the security of their information (including financial information) at all times.
Students must rely on their own enquiries in relation to any accommodation.
The following policies apply to the content and use of the off-campus accommodation listings.
1. It is free for accommodation providers to place a listing on UniStays.
2. SCU will not approve listings that offer work to SCU students, or any other duty, in lieu of rent.
3. Accommodation that is listed by accommodation providers has not been inspected by SCU.
4. No negotiations shall be entered into by any SCU staff member, on behalf of SCU or SCU’s students, with any member of the public seeking to offer accommodation.
5. No negotiations shall be entered into by SCU staff member, on behalf of SCU or member of the public, with any SCU student seeking suitable accommodation.
6. SCU reserves the right to refuse entry of a listing onto UniStays in the event of a prior complaint regarding the suitability of specific accommodation and/or practices undertaken by an accommodation provider.
7. SCU reserves the right to edit information included in an offer of accommodation if it is considered inaccurate, misleading, inappropriate or offensive, or to correct spelling and grammatical errors.
8. SCU reserves the right, at any time, not to publish, or to edit, and any listing if it is considered by SCU (in its sole discretion) to be unsuitable for students or discriminatory.
9. Accommodation listings will expire from UniStays after two weeks. An automatic email will be sent to the accommodation provider approximately four (4) days prior to the listing expiry, giving the accommodation provider the option to extend the listing for another two weeks. If the email is not responded to, the listing will close on the expiry date and will no longer be visible to students.
10. SCU makes no guarantee that an accommodation provider will find tenants as a result of using UniStays.
11. It is a condition of inclusion on UniStays that students seeking accommodation will be dealt with in accordance with the relevant conditions under the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 (NSW), the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (QLD), the Boarding Houses Act 2012 (NSW) and other relevant legislation pertaining to accommodation standards, rental agreements and bond in the relevant State.
12. SCU strongly recommends that all students seeking accommodation, as well as accommodation providers, familiarise themselves with their legal rights and responsibilities. Such information can be obtained from:
Both students and providers of accommodation should be extremely cautious about receiving suspicious text messages or emails from an ‘overseas’ student who wants to pay for accommodation in advance, or whom requests the set up of a PayPal account to send them money. These are not genuine requests. If you have received such a request, we strongly recommend you: