Short Stay Accommodation
Many international and some domestic students require short stay accommodation for a variety of reasons. Some students from overseas or interstate need temporary accommodation when they arrive, until they find something more permanent. In addition, some distance education students are required to attend on-campus residential sessions for up to 2 weeks for their chosen units of study, and many will require short term accommodation during this period.
The SCU Accommodation Service has put together a list of external short stay options including: motels; bed & breakfasts; hostels, private share-housing, etc. You can view these under the location headings below.
Please note that the listed accommodation options have not been endorsed by Southern Cross University.
- Gold Coast
- Coffs Harbour
- UniStays Short Stay Listings
- Other short stay accommodation websites
Some important things to keep in mind about short term accommodation:
- It is not a requirement for a tenancy agreement to be used, however it is still beneficial to have even a basic written agreement and it is still very important to receive and keep receipts of any money that is exchanged.
- A bond may or may not be charged, you will need to get a receipt if one is.
- We still recommend that you don't make any agreement of your length on stay or pay any money until you view the property. If you commit to something that you do not like, you might not get your money back.
- If you would like to give notice to move out, you will need to give 'reasonable' notice. For example, if you pay rent weekly, give 7 days notice. Give notice in writing and keep a copy.
|Coolangatta YHA bed & breakfast||Dorm rooms and private rooms||from $34 per night|
1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
from $136 per night
|Golden Shores Airport Motel||Directly opposite Gold Coast Airport/SCU campus.|
Free Wi-Fi. Weekly rates also available.
Phone bookings receive 10% discount.
|from $104 per night|
|Bilinga Beach Motel|
10% discount if reservation made directly with the hotel. Subject to availability.
Just 2.3km from Campus.
Located directly on the beach and offers a range of accommodation options from standard motel rooms to 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. Free Wi-Fi. Pool, BBQ areas and laundry facilities available for guests.
|from $119 per night|
|Bed and Breakfast|
1single and 1 twin rooms available in private home, own bathroom, own tv lounge, bbq area, off street parking. All inclusive. Close to public transport. Breakfast included. Banora Point.
Suitable short term accommodation for students, while looking for more permanent accommodation.
|$190 per week|
from $35 per night
|Campus Living Villages Lismore|
|Single rooms (with or without linen),|
per week rate available
|From $60 per night|
From $280 per week
Contact for group pricing
|Wilson's College||Minimum 1 week stay||From $175 per week|
(plus a $25 cleaning fee
and 1 week bond)
|Melville House Bed and Breakfast||Single and twin rooms||From $50 per night|
|The Edge Guest Rooms||Single and twin share||from $45 per night|
|Halls Country Cottages||1 bedroom and 2 bedroom cottages||from $80 per night|
|Dorm, Twins, Doubles rooms available||From $25 per night|
|varied prices for camping, caravans and deluxe|
|Ibis Budget Coffs Harbour||Motel rooms||from $65 per night|
|Surf Beach Motel||Motel rooms||from $78 per night|
|YHA Backpacker and Youth Hostel||Shared and private rooms. Mention that you are an SCU student to get 20% off.||from $24.50 per night|
|Hawaiian Sands Motor Inn||17 motel style units across road from Park beach.|
Close to National Marine Science Centre
|from $50 per night|
|Base Backpacker Brisbane Central Hostel|
Dorm rooms and private rooms
from $22p/n (share)
|Private room with own bathroom. Tea and coffee, light breakfast provided on request.||$45p/n no minimum nights. $10 cleaning fee at end of stay.|
UniStays Short Stay Listings
Some UniStays Accommodation Providers have indicated they are willing to negotiate short stay arrangements, and a few will advertise their accommodation for short stays only.
- Gold Coast - Short Stay Accommodation
- Lismore - Short Stay Accommodation
- Coffs Harbour - Short Stay Accommodation
Please be aware that students and accommodation providers need to negotiate their own short stay arrangements. Please read the terms and conditions of this service for more information.