Guide for Students - Using UniStays
- Choose 'current' or 'future' student add your name and email address.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, and if agreed to, proceed to Register.
Things to Consider:
Visit our link: Before you Start Searching
Searching for a room / property:
Basic search: On the 'Home' page, use the quick search functions:
- Select if you would like a room or property, near which campus, and your max spend per week; then press Search. This will show all of the listings associated with your selections.
Find anearcampus / week
Advanced search (search using more specific details):
- Click on either the ‘Room’ or ‘Properties’ file tab on the top menu.
- Fill out the form: Specify 'campus' and your budget, at least.
- Also, you can
a) tick or drag and choose individual options under Advanced search options, or
b) scroll to the bottom of this page and click on relevant Badges - a quicker option.
4. Click Find to bring up search results.
5. Un-tick search items to broaden your field of search to return more results.
6. You can sort your results by Cheapest, Newest or Closest by selecting the field in the:
Saving a Listing
On the right side of each listing, in an information box, there is a button titled 'Add to Shortlist'. By clicking on this button you can save this listing to your shortlist to easily find again. You can view all of your saved listings in your Shortlist by clicking on the 'Shortlist' button on the top right of the screen.
Contacting a Provider
At the bottom left of each listing are the Provider’s contact details. Depending on the contact details the provider has given, you can either call, text or send them a message. When first contacting a provider we recommend that you:
- Introduce yourself
- Let them know that you are interested in their listing
- Organise a date and time to view the property
- Ask questions
- Include your own contact details: full name, email and phone number.
Remember: do not offer to pay any money for accommodation that you have not viewed in person. If an accommodation provider asks you to pay any money before you view the property, report this immediately to a UniLife staff member (email@example.com).
FAQs - Students (UniStays)
QLD: RTA - Rental Tenancies Authority