Guide for Providers - Using UniStays
Here is a quick guide on using UniStays, with information on:
- Adding a listing
- Editing a listing (including adding photos)
- Closing a listing
- Extend a listing
- Re-listing a room/property
- From the Home page, you will see a hyperlink under the Accommodation Provider heading to register.
- Complete the online registration form, read the Terms and Conditions, and if agreed to, proceed to register.
- Once you have registered, you are now ready to add a listing.
Adding a listing
Tip: only perform this step if you have not listed this room/property before. If you have listed the same room/property on UniStays, please see the instructions at the bottom of the page to relist a room/property.
- Once you have registered and/or signed in, you will automatically be taken to your 'Dashboard'.
If not, you can select it from the top right-hand menu.
- Click on the 'Add new listing' button.
- Fill out the form as accurately as possible, note that some categories are mandatory and some are optional.
- proximity to the University, shops and other attractions;
- the size and layout of the property/room;
- who lives there (if a shared property);
- any other details you might want to state about the listing.
- In the details section, please write briefly and concisely. Try to add interesting and appealing features of the property, such as;
- To add photos, you can simply drag photos onto the box at the bottom of the page, or you can browse through the photos on your computer. Please note, photos must be a max size of 3MB to be uploaded.
- Click 'Preview' when you are done. You will get the option to make changes after this stage, if required.
- Submit listing once you are happy with the information provided.
Editing a listing (including adding photos)
- Sign in to UniStays with your email address and password
- Under the heading 'Listings' click on your current listing's hyperlink
- On the right hand side of the page click on the button: 'Make Changes'
- You are now able to make the changes you wish. Please keep a neat layout of your details section, avoid abbreviations and slang.
- To add photos, simply scroll to the bottom of the page, select 'Upload photo' to search through the photos on your computer. Please note, photos must be a max size of 3MB to be uploaded.
- Once you are finished, click 'Save changes'.
Closing a listing (when you have filled the listing or you no longer want to advertise):
- Sign in to UniStays
- Under the 'Current' listing heading, click on the hyperlink of your current listing.
- On the right hand side of the page click on the 'Close now' button. When asked, please indicate if you have found a tenant through the UniStays website.
- Your listing is now closed and not visible to the public. You are able to relist your property/room again when it next becomes available. See 're-listing a room/property' below for instructions on how to do this.
Extend a listing
- You will receive an email 4 days before your listing expiry asking whether you would like to extend your listing. Simply click on the link in the email to extend for another 2 weeks.
- Alternatively, if you are logged into UniStays and your listing is within 4 days of expiry, you will see an 'extend listing' hyperlink next to your current listing. Simply click on this link to extend.
Re-listing a room/property
Tip: If you have listed your room/property before, do not 'add a new listing' as this creates duplicates of the same or very similar listings. Simply follow the instructions below to re-list:
- Sign in to UniStays
- Under the 'Closed' listings heading, click on 'relist' next to your listing hyperlink.
Please note: If there are numerous hyperlinks with the same address, this may mean you have put up numerous listings in the past to the same address. The listing at the top is your most recent listing, most people will just use this to relist. Otherwise, if your listings are different (i.e. different rooms and pricing) starting from the top, click into each listing until you find the appropriate one to use.
- Once you have clicked on 'relist', you will be shown a brief overview of the listing. Make any necessary changes that you wish and then click 'Save changes' at the bottom of the page.
Tip: if you have more than one room available at an address, only put up 1 listing but update how many rooms are available.
- This will show you a preview of what your listing will look like. If you would like to make any changes, click 'Make changes'. If you are happy with the listing as is, you can click 'Submit this listing', it will then be submitted for approval within 2 business days.