Short Stay Accommodation
Many international and some domestic students require short stay accommodation for a variety of reasons. Some students from overseas or interstate need temporary accommodation when they arrive, until they find something more permanent. In addition, some distance education students are required to attend on-campus residentials for up to 2 weeks for their chosen units of study, and many will require short term accommodation during this period.
External Short Stay Options:
The SCU Accommodation Service has put together a list of external short stay options including: motels; bed & breakfasts; hostels etc. You can view these under the location headings below.
GOLD COAST AND TWEED HEADS
- Bilinga Beach Motel - Standard motel room from $79 per night (min 2 night stay), from $99 per night
- Coolangatta Ocean View Motel from $70 per night (depending on number of nights and season)
- Coolangatta Sands Hostel - $29p/n in a female-only shared room or mixed shared room. $80p/n for private rm with double bed. Ask about reduced weekly rates. Free breakfast.
- Coolangatta YHA bed & breakfast - share rooms from $25 per night
- Homestay Bed & Breakfast $35 p/n (incl breakfast) - Laura Street, Banora Point (4km from Riverside, 5km from Lakeside, 6km from Beachside). Call Anne on 07 5524 1454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Golden Shores Airport Motel - Directly opposite Gold Coast Airport/Southern Cross Uni Campus. Free Wi-Fi. Phone bookings receive 10% discount. Weekly rates also available.
- Komune Resort - share rooms from $23 per night
- Rainbow Bay Realty Holiday Accommodation - various locations from $70 per night
- Sunset Strip - Single rooms from $44 per night. Weekly discounts available
- Annie's Place Bed & Breakfast (call for student specials)
- The Edge Guest Rooms - single room $45 per night, twin share $68 per night (payable in advance on arrival)
- Halls Country Cottages - 1 bedroom (double bed) $80 per night, 2 bedroom (queen bed, 1 set single bunks) $100 per night, 2 bedroom (2 x queen bed, 1 set single bunks) $120 per night for up to 4 people then $10 for each additional person per night
- Invercauld House (call for orientation and graduation specials)
- Melville House Bed and Breakfast - single room from $50 per night, twin room from $60 per night
- Wilsons College - minimum 1wk stay @ $135. Other costs: $25 cleaning fee + 1wk rent bond (bond is refundable)
- Banana Coast Caravan Park - standard cabins from $58 per night (varied prices for camping, caravans and deluxe cabins)
- Hawaiian Sands Motor Inn - 17 motel style units across road from Park beach. Close to National Marine Science Centre and 10 min to SCU Coffs Harbour campus. Bus stops out the front. Free wireless internet included in all deals. Winter specials from $300 p/week for 7 days, 5 day deals from $50 p/night. Student overnight specials: Dbl brm $65, Queen brm $70, Twin (2 separate beds) $75. Cheap $7.50 lunch and dinner across the road…walk/bus to shopping centre. Great location & price.
- Hotel Formulae 1 - Prices start from $59 per person, per night
- Plantation Hotel Backpackers - Shared Room (4, 6 or 10 bed) @ $23p/n (per person), or $138/p/week (add $5 p/n and dinner is included). Private Room (1 or 2 person) @ $50 p/n or $300 per week (add $10 p/n and dinner is included).
- YHA Backpacker and Youth Hostel - Prices start from $24.50 per person, per night
UniStays Short Stay Listings:
Some UniStays Accommodation Providers have indicated they are willing to negotiate short stay arrangements, and a few will advertise their accommodation for short stays only.
- Gold Coast - Short Stay Accommodation
- Lismore - Short Stay Accommodation
- Coffs Harbour - Short Stay Accommodation
Please be aware that students and accommodation providers need to negotiate their own short stay arrangements. Please read the terms and conditions of this service for more information.